Friday, November 20, 2009

First Entry

Hello. This will be me, doing what I do. No big deal, nothing exciting! Just me, here in the "room on the left". I called it that because the room I spend most of my time in these days is on the left side of the house!!!

My husband recently gave me his old computer and we set it up on my desk, where I do what I do. I like to make things, like so many others, here in the blogosphere, and now that I can spend as much time online as I want, I wander round and look at all the incredible creations people make. It is amazing to see the creativity out there and how much of the old things have made an appearance once again. I have discovered that, at my age, I belong to what is now called the "Vintage Era"!! Things from when I was much younger, coming back and being considered new again. For instance, crochet is now all the rage and everyone seems to be doing it. Knitting, too. But the difference is, it's new and fresh and so much prettier! Who would have thought crocheted dish cloths and face cloths could look so good?! I even made some and intend on giving them to friends. The blankets and afghans out there are enough to cover the planet by now. But what is important in all this, I think, is that the "old crafts" are being picked up again and aren't being lost. And with the internet so available to everyone, teaching and learning is so easy. ain't hi-tech amazing!?

So, here I am, in my room, joining in with the all the rest out there. You are most welcome to stop by and visit anytime. If you do, let me know, so I don't think I am talking to myself.....

'til the next time...

Marilyn

5 comments:

  1. No, you're not talking to yourself, so don't worry! Thank you for the lovely pics and the comments beside them! Long live all you knitters and crocheters and jewellery makers, and picture takers - just like in the old croft days - except now the whole world's a village, and we can all enjoy and learn from them. And by the way, CAN you see Canada from your kitchen window??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am now an official blogger -- also! So proud of you, so proud of me! I wonder why the core reason is for the return of "crafting?" My family is now doing a cross-stitch project for our newest addition of my neice's baby, Jacob Matthew, due in Feb. We have not done anything like this since the 70's. Everyone has done the cruises, the Caribbean, Alaska, fleets of autos & travel trailers, & now they have come back to earth with a needle & material & an idea. I would call that full circle. You have set up a beatiful "blogsite" and I encourage you to continue. You have much to give. We had our first deep freeze here in Iowa. The cat water dish and bird baths are frozen all the wayto the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Allo, I like the photos, reminds me of, hmmm, HOME! Love you, keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you do wanderfull work, not only crochet , knitting ,bake ,cook , so many things.
    not conuting " Inglish teaching "
    as well hause wife , and expecial GOOD frend
    ------
    keep going------North Carolina.

    ReplyDelete