Sunday, September 26, 2010

Experimenting......



This is the tale of a woman on the edge of computer melt down!!!

:}

I spent a lot of yesterday trying to use my brain.....
for those of you who know me
you know that can be a very frustrating and scary thing to be around
I certainly am not the most patient person on the planet
I am not stupid
I am not dumb
but
BOY
do I act it until I figure out what it is I am trying to do

the man woke up to find me
on the verge of tears
 he knows to step lightly!!
he offers help
is told
NO
I'll figure it out myself
that's how one learns
he leaves
knowing soon
I will be there
ranting and raving about how dumb one human being can be
and does he know
how stupid the woman he married is?
DOES HE???
He offers to help once again
quietly and calmly
asks what the problem is
...
I do not speak computer speak
so he has to try and figure out
what the hell it is I am trying to say!!
He sits
listens
does a few things
doesn't know how to work the blog
I get overprotective
try to be just plain and simple nice
but it's getting more complicated
because
he speaks
computer speak
and
I don't
It isn't very hard to do what I was trying to do
but I make it worse by
well
just
being
me!!
As I watch and tell him where all the pages and buttons to work the blog are
(and for those of you who have a blog
you know how EASY THAT is!!!)
it starts to dawn on me
I start to understand and figure it out
I see the light at the end of
this deep dark tunnel
I dug MYself!!!
 I visit other blogs who have what I want
I look
I study
I DON'T UNDERSTAND
but I go back and try again
and I throw my hands up and walk
......
and the day goes on and I think about it
I also have, on my little feeble  mind a pattern I saw
with no instructions
and I want to know how to do that too
so I think about both at the same time
and "thank gaia"
dinner was simple and a no brainer
or he'd still be waiting to eat!!!
I figured the pattern out
almost
and this morning I sat down and I did what I wanted to do without
having a hissy fit
and it is on the top of the page
and
children, learn from this
terrible example of mine
be patient
with yourself
your spouse
and
BLOGGER!!!
So, if you would like to make a
WAFFLE WEAVE
cloth
click on the TUTORIAL button on the top of the page
HEY!!! even if you DON'T
CLICK ON THE DAMN button anyway
it took blood sweat and tears to get it up there
and I did it
not very gracefully or patiently
I know...
 now all I have to figure out is
HOW TO DO IT AGAIN
!!!!!!!
lol
THE RAVING LUNATIC
in the
roomontheleft
it's safe to come in now
xxx





4 comments:

  1. Brilliant, well done you for persevering. The tutorial is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! You are a hoot! I don't talk computer either. And usually just try to figure things out on my own. Sometimes at work I can't figure out how to do a graph or something and will get so frustrated, but then if I walk away or forget about it til the next day, and come back refreshed, all of a sudden, everything works perfectly. :)

    I love yesterday's badge that says KEEP CALM AND CARRY YARN!

    Hope you are able to relax now. Best wishes, tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I now have a translator on my page. I have to warn you though - it doesn't always translate correctly! Quite funny sometimes even, but I think you can understand most of what I'm writing. And you can always ask me if the translation is too weird! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely gonna try the waffle weave! :) Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete