Tuesday, September 7, 2010

It's beginning to look




a lot Autumnal...

everywhere I look


the light is changing



things are getting "shone" on


and shadows are in the making



the pumpkins have been found


and the "linens" have been changed!!!
:{

this is what brought me back to life
a big pot of lentil soup
made my way.
One bowl for lunch each day
and
I'm good!!!

acorns still in view
showing up on the dishes


BUT
summer is still around with its colours

and new things are still here
the violet has bloomed again
and it's in its new
pot
bought on the cheap the other day!!!

funny how all it takes is
the "strongest storm ever to threaten the East Coast"
to turn things around.

Now if we could just have a few drops of rain
to quench the parched ground
all would be well.
Hope you are all well
and
quenched!!!!!

:}




7 comments:

  1. Hi Marilyn
    Glad you're feeling better. Love the look of your soup, might have to grab that recipe :) and that crochet stitch too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're getting your rain here today in Texas. Now, listen. You can't show those yummy-looking muffins and soup without giving up the recipe! You wouldn't do that, would you? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, those muffins do look good. I recall the only thing you made for us was PB&J sandwiches!!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, soothing post. Your soup looks scrumptious! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so glad to sese you up and about again :) was starting to miss ya
    you just made me really hungry with allt that jummy food ,that soup looks lovely ,great pic´s as always take good care of ya

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I reached the photo of the soup I took a deep breath, as if I could smell it through the screen. Beautiful captures, and I'm coveting that acorn dish.

    Now be a dear and pass me some soup, wouldya? :D OK, I'll go make my own...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderfully comfy and homey post. I love it. That soup sounds devine. What a wonderful home you make!

    ReplyDelete