Monday, February 14, 2011

Birthday cake....


♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

'Tis husbands' birthday today

he was born on  the day
filled with hearts and flowers

♥♥♥♥
********

husband loves

♥'s♥'s♥'s

frosted cakes
the more frosting
the more he loves it

I like to try and make him happy
:}

(most of the time)




sooooooo,

yesterday I baked a cake
for him
and
for me
because it is
also
Valentine's Day
so I get to have something too


I do not like frosted cakes
I prefer to taste the cake
but
because it is a birthday cake
I frosted
my little heart out
for him
and made the cake
for me!!!



I put Swiss raspberry jam in between the layers
and made many layers
for me
and scraped away the frosting
I put on it
for him
He ate a slice last night
and  declared it
a purty cake
and a tasty cake
so
we are happy

: } { :


♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥


another thing that made me happy is
the tiny little succulent
I bought in the summer
has bloomed
I put it next to the apple to show just how small it is

                
 ♥♥♥♥       ♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥♥♥   ♥♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥


a little red star for
Valentine's Day



and the sun is shining brightly



and the flowers inside are blooming their little heads off


and greeting the day by soaking up the rays


maybe if I play my cards right


I won't have to cook today
and we'll go let someone else do the cooking
but we will come back and have a piece of the
over the top frosted cake
and he will enjoy the extra frosting
and I will not!!!!

Hope someone makes/made you happy today
and if not
do something that makes you
HAPPY

like
..............................
um,
...............................................
not eating the frosting
and
.............................................

just

having your cake
 and
eating it too!!

?????
?

(Hey......it's hard to come up with endings you know!!!!!!)


♥♥
♥♥♥♥♥♥
♥♥

10 comments:

  1. That is a seriously scrummy cake!! jam, layers, frosting and all:)) its making me hungry for cake....might have to do some serious baking now too!

    The sun us out here today too and what a difference it makes -feeling happy and hoping the sun will have some warmth soon so all the spring flowers will start blooming - sigh of happiness when that happens:)

    have a lovely happy day having your cake and eating it:)) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally enjoyed reading about your love filled day Marilyn! Ah so you don't only crochet and knit well...here we see you baking and frosting too! Wonderful!!!!
    Happy Valentines day and a happy birthday to the birthday boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder, is it an american thing to love frosting? I once ate an american birthday cake with some kind of sugar frosting on it. Not very yummie at all, far too sweet! No, there's nothing like a swedish birthday cake. Whipped cream and berries or fruits on top, strawberries are the best, (or candy, if the kids get to choose), between the layers usually crushed banana, cream with jam or chocolate pudding. That's a cake! :)

    Amazing to see your flowers, almost no flowers at all here in my house. Only the orchids are filled with bulbs and a few flowers.

    Have a lovely rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So agree with Nilla!! American frosting is just so sweet. Won't you come on over to the far east and have tea with me and we have cake just the way you like it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marilyn...That is one more beautiful cake. I'm happy for you and your husband on this glorious day. Happy Birthday to him and Happy Valentine's Day to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Marilyn! Happy Heart Day to you and Happy Birthday to hubby! I'm not much for cakes, but when they are homemade and have jam in the layers, yummo! Looks fantastic! We don't do anything over here for the day. Hubby says it is just a gimmick for companies to make more money. He says love is for the every day. :) Love that blue scarf you knitted. You are taking some fantastic outdoor photos. And your little blooming succulent is the cutest. My outdoor plants aren't doing so well this year. Strange winter weather we are having. Hope you are having a great day. I'm off to bed now. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. ♥♥♥♥♥♥ Happy topsy turvy heart day to you and Mr ROTL too! What a very sweet little succulent! Thanks for all the lovely pictures Mia S ♥♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cake makes me want to jump into your blog...but alas..that's impossible isn't it. Frosting does get over the top pretty quickly doesn't it...usually I scrape it off as well. Thanks for your kind remarks on my doggy bloggy and I truly hopw your Valentine Day spectacular...Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cake looks delicious M! Happy birthday to D.

    Nick xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. sorry I was off the cyber world due to computer probs !
    (belated) joyeux anniversaire across the atlantic (doesn't it sound special LOL) to your sweet half !!
    i'll take the frosting (no gluten) and you can eat the cake, how about that ?!
    congrats on the birthday cake frosting included. it was beautiful, and i'm sure delicious as well.

    ReplyDelete