Saturday, May 28, 2011

the inspiration...


that causes the chaos...



while blog hopping I saw this cushion on a site
the ripple one
from a shop somewhere
loved the colours
so I got out the closest ones I have
e voila
instant chaos




with the idea to make another one for outside
if it ever stops raining and storming

:(

can you believe there was another tornado watch last evening
they tracked it right over us...
the cell not a tornado
...and close to where the oldest lives
something hit down there that had people calling in to tell about it
and ask the weather man what it was
60-70 mph winds in a very populated area
hail and buckets of rain that one caller said was
twirling
at a time when there are loads of people out shopping and on the way home

haven't found out anything yet



colours close but no cigar

but gave it a go anyway
a circle is definitely not the way to go
and to be truthful that is frogged already
!!!
:)
will try to find a ripple that is short and sweet
very ripply but not wide
???

plus I have one more coaster to finish
before I start on another mad cap thought
...

so while trying to sort the cobwebs
I took a walk outside before the rain comes
and it gets too humid to function

 

the husband ordered and received the part of the
humming bird feeder that was needed
stood over me while I made the
nectar
and then retreated when told it had to cool before it could be
poured into the glass container


and now the
hummers can feed to their little hearts content
if any happen to fly in
that is
haven't seen any this year yet
but if they decide to come
it's ready



one thing
fingers crossed
the voles haven't demolished
is the hosta at the base of the
hummer pot


but this is something I don't understand
a huge mound of earth in the middle of the
liriope
it's a bit hard to see and comprehend
and I just hope that it isn't a
snake nest or something equally
horrifying
there is a snake in this bed that I saw a couple
of days ago
which is why I'm not weeding the weeds
I don't do snakes
ta very much



the day lillies in the pot are putting the blooms up
the colombine is over now and I'm so glad I put it in there
maybe I'll keep adding to this
with stray and volunteer plants as they come up



the black eyed susans are budding
remember the hairy yellow flowers
that made the shadows last year

we'll make more
:)



and this is just because
no sun in the sky
it's all in this little face
!!!!!
appalachian sun drops





and one more
pile of chaos
on the coffee table
stitch or hook
always the question
around here





and look who took a stroll through the back
yesterday evening


a female mallard
I always call them
 bobbie
because when she sees you
she bobs up and down in greeting

she is young
I can tell by the condition of her feathers and the colour
I took some nasty plastic bag bread out to make them stay
and bless them
they spat it out
and ate the bugs and seeds instead
I don't feed them that nasty bread
and I don't eat it...
I eat organic seeded bread and if I give them bread at all
it's that
so I hope the voles ate it and choked!!!


and her handsome mate

drake...
john drake

(for those of you who don't  know what I mean
that was from
Danger Man
on Brit TV a hundred years ago
"oh by the way...
the name's Drake...
John Drake"!!!!!
how can I remember that and not what I had for dinner the night before)!!!!!

he kept his beady eye on me to make sure I didn't mess with his chick





and I sat in the chair and kept still and quiet
and communed with nature

look at those feet!!!!!


which
as you know
I do
a
lot
she is such a pretty one
such an honour that they stayed and let me
snap
.....
maybe there'll be babies soon!!!
Oh god and then I'll have to worry about them disappearing
maybe we can hope they are brother and sister
and know not to....
.......................

see you laters
'gators


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx



;0







2 comments:

  1. You crack me up. We do think so much a like. I saw some petal potholder today and off I went to the stash for some yarn. I'm thinking a round pillow that I've seen floating around for a while. Also, have my hands in the dye, doing some watermelon Reds {2 Skeins} and Rinds GREENS {2 Skeins}. I have tried a couple of you edging too and adore them. I still have to edge the Bee's Knee so I may pick one. Right now, I'm just not thrilled with the bee colors, so there it sits. That's OK, I have until July for the nephews b-day gift.

    Ooops, time to go and check my yarn it may need another zap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot... do you live down the street we are also cold and rainy here in the Windy City Burbs.

    ReplyDelete