Thursday, June 9, 2011

lots of photos



the only thing to say is
IT'S HOT
here
feels like
113F
45 C or more
outside
where the husband insists on being
so he can finish what he started
why he has to do that is beyond me
but he's in the shade and I'm giving him lots to drink
through the door
as he is up a ladder just outside the kitchen!!!
I have been trying very hard not to go out
because I feel sick almost immediately
and I do not
do not
know how the poor people who work outside
survive in this hell

they laughingly tell us a cold wave is coming
which means big noise and wind and torrential rain
probably
but the cold front
will bring temps of
the high
80's
ha ha!!!





so let's look at cool and pretty things




if blogger will let us
that is
 still the problem with comments not being able to be made

I am wondering if you are having trouble
because my
visitors numbers have jumped to
 huge
for
this blog about nothing

:)
but only one or two comments are showing
but then again
there's nothing to comment on
!!!!!!!
but I do thank those of you who have left such nice comments these past few days
as I have said before
I wish it was as pretty as it looks
Teresa asked where this is
It's Virginia USA
south of Washington DC
half way between the mountains and the ocean
in what used to be the country
and is now the suburbs
or as they call it
the bedroom communities to the
Nations' Capital!!!!!



the goose neck loose strife

:o

is beginning to bloom
the bee magnet
but there don't seem to be very many bees around
I hope it isn't a bad sign that they are gone
maybe it's too early for them yet
 ??




and the roses are going all
neon pink on me
they literally shine in the sun




 those expletive deleted monsters are at it again
.............................



yesterday morning before the heat was in full force
I went to see what there was to see
and this little guy let me shoot him
he's a baby so he doesn't know any better yet
an adult  was up a tree
barking all sorts of insults at me
I disturbed their breakfast



 the buffle head duck and her babies floated by
she still has them all
thank goodness
I haven't seen the goslings in the last few days
I'll bet they've grown since we last saw them




I have to keep this well watered
two or three times a day
with the sun and the heat and the lack of rain
it earns it name this one
hydra means
gimme gimme gimme
and lots of it!!!





Miss Ellen from down south
aka Wildaboutcolour on Flicr
asked me to test a
I almost typed recipe
:) :) :)
a pattern that she has made
the woman is brilliant and came up with a way to put the seeds in the watermelons
that are all the rage
so I happily said I would
and it's
brilliant
she made the pattern look very professional and I hope if you get the chance to get it
you will
it will make her very happy



as you can see here I still have melon coloured yarn so I'm starting on another
who knows what
but I will finish the test and then get back to this messy pile




I got up early again today
and I felt like sewing something
so I did
with felt and cotton




and I figured out how to make
yo-yo's with yarn
I remembered making a flower a while back that sort of turned in on itself
so I did that and it seems to have worked





and I couldn't help myself
I picked one of each and stuck them in a cute jar


with some blue marbles to hold the stems up
and I
give them to you
nice folk out there in blog land
..........
hope you had a good day
and I'll see you
next time

I would also like to say
 HI
to the new followers who have joined us here
in the
roomontheleft
welcome to the
blog about nothing
I hope you come back and let me know who you are
because some of you don't have a place to visit in return
.................................

take care all
stay cool
and
be good

:)

7 comments:

  1. Marilyn, gorgeous, stunning pictures as always...
    It's cool around here :( wanna share a bit of your hot weather?!
    The flowers you asked about are erythrina crista galli (a nice lady researched them for me!), common name "rooster's crest" or corticeira, coral flower, "jew's slipper" in Portuguese... apparently they have come from Brazil :) and they're definitely amazing!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Astonished JerogeJune 09, 2011 11:32 PM

    That picture of the jetty - all green - is an absolute marvel. Did you take it through humid glass? It is GORgeous! Looks like a Monet. Muchissima brava!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg there is so much going on her :) youre keeping busy and thats a good thing ,i dont have any problems commenting but not sure about my blogg seems like im getting less comments

    you can send me some heat thank you
    xoxo
    Valeria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know what I am having the same thing happening regarding the number of visits - a normal day is 60 to 70 hits and for the past two days it has been over 400!?! What the bejesus is going on cos I ain't got a clue?! Blogger is a bugger that's for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe there's another glitch in blogland, who knows.

    Marilyn, your photos are so wonderful to peer at. So calm & cooling. Love the shots of the squirl & geese.

    I see your doing a fantastic job with the waTERmeLoN pattern :') It makes me happy to see you enjoying it and thank you so much for testing. Let me know if you come across a snag.

    I want to know what those cotton yarns are (the burgandy color & muli green)? Looks like the burgandy one comes in a larger quanity.

    Stay cOOL M. It's hot here as well, even though we did get a few showers this week. It's just not enough yet :')

    huGGgggggs, e

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, so all the visitors may be just a bug? :( No real problem to comment here, I just don't sit by the computer every day right now so I have so much catching up to do I just rush through all the posts... 45 C, that IS hot! And we call it hot when it reaches almost 30 C... :) And I can totally understand that you stay inside, I don't cope either and prefer the shade. Although the last days here has been all about rain and thunder, but it was needed. I'll try not to run through here without saying hi again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A little blog about nothing to one person is an interesting, humorous, enjoyable window on a different world to another! Those robots don't know what they are missing! Mia S.

    ReplyDelete