Wednesday, August 17, 2011

a post...

I've been sat here in my chairs
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(found these on Flickr
can't remember where but you've seen them before I'm sure!!) 





  wearing my sexy sandals
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:) :) :) :) :)

(from


working on some stuff


I was browsing somewhere and saw a blanket made with lots and lots and lots of flowers
and people were asking how to make the
lots and lots and lots of
flowers


and no one replied
so I took it upon myself
to make some
popcorn stitch Flowers
plain and simple
it was made in all different colours all sewn up together to make a
blanket for a baby boy that they had just had...
it's so annoying when no one answers
they are now no more just had to make some to see if I was right
I was

 

saw this new book by Brett Bara  who is on a show I watch on PBS
it's a sewing book and has a video that shows
how to make
these cute little fabric bowls
from a square of fabric
so I made one

need more cute fabric to make the others



and this is another thing that seems to be popping up again
the box stitch is back
and I wondered if I remembered how to do it
I do!!
with all the yarn I have
maybe a skinny scarf is in the making!!!

or a cushion top if I can't remember how to keep it from expanding


and the flat braid join with those
 closed granny squares as I call them

see the braid up the middle there


and making the fan in between the flowers on the pillow front
remember that too



 have you stopped to think how much we have all learned this past year
or how ever long it's been
since we all met up on Flickr and the blogs and are now spread all over the
WWW

well back to the pile o'wips
and it's almost time to make dinner too
oh goody
I'm hungry, haven't eaten all day
too busy making
piles o'wips

lol

:)


6 comments:

  1. Ooooo - I want that 1st chair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you just solved a problem for me. Thanks! Great chairs:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sexy sandals! Are those your chubby legs? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chairs are fun... but your WIP's are much prettier! I just love those tiny flowers :) a lot of work though! And the box stitch is fun too, I made a baby blanket of it long ago...
    xxx
    PS-those sandals... are a must!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those chairs are fab!

    I don't know why but the aran one reminds me of the fleecy furry sheepskin car seat covers my beloved, dearly departed Grandad gave me to put on the seats of my first car which was the biggest oldest banger you could ever lay your eyes on. It was a 1980's Ford Fiesta that was blue but someone in their wisdom had decided to spray paint it red and all the red paint was peeling off so I had a red/blue car. The interior was the most hideous brown plastic ever and the heater never ever worked hence the furry seat covers. That car cost me £225 which was a LOT of money at 19 years of age and although the car was the biggest knacker ever I loved it to pieces - we did some miles together!! These days it would probably be considered unsafe for the roads but boy was it a good car!!

    Glad to see you back too!! ;)

    ReplyDelete