Friday, October 28, 2011

again...

it's gone again
another week
amazing how fast it flies
even when you're not particularly having any fun!!!!!
when I realised it was Friday again
I wondered what the heck I would post
it's been a few days
so I just checked
blue
my camera
to see what was there
and this is what I found
(I have no memory of taking these!!!)
so this is what you get to look at
strange but true


I obviously baked another cake
and took shots of the rack as it cooled




I am having a love affair with carrot cake at the moment
it's just so
autumnal
for some unknown reason
and loaded with pineapple and golden raisins and walnuts
well
I'm in bliss



then I came across these


I


don't


know why!!!!

do do do do
:{


we'll have these for our
Friday flowers I think




they are in my mothers very old and worn silver vases
at least I think that's what they are
I brought them out of the thing in with all the stuff in it
 and put them to use




and a change around in the bay window
it's getting so dark so early now
or it seems to be
maybe it's all the friggin' clouds around these days
that I thought a little
multi coloured
candle light might help
cheer the place up a bit
                 



it did!!!!
pretty!!!





and this are the roses I got in June
they dried and I kept them and here they still are
sweet



well the kettle that matches the kitchen walls
 is boiling again
and that cake is still around
a tiny bit smaller now
but still good
so after another fascinating post
I will bid you farewell
and
good evening



maybe tomorrow I'll send you off on a visit somewhere
stay safe and warm
we are supposed to get some snow showers tomorrow
yes I said

 SNOW

I still think someone moved us some place else while we slept
with all this nutso weather

see ya

:)
xx

ooppss I forgot
I have some cute for you
and all I have to say
is

4 comments:

  1. I want you to have one! Would you like one of these as well?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLp3oiK2GO0&feature=related
    Anonomiaous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh why did you have to show me that doggie woggie? Now I want one too!

    Your cake in the last photo looked blinkin' lovely! I do like me some carrot cake - noone else does in my house which is either bad or good dependant on which way you look at it - bad because the cake would be wasted but good because I could eat it all myself if I felt so inclined!

    When I grow up I want a big old pine dresser thingy - you know those things that have all the hanging cups and plates on - and all I will put on there are blue and white crockery just like the ones you showed and no one would be allowed to touch them. I have loved that style of crockery since I was little (I think we had an errant cup and saucer from somewhere when I was younger) and I used to spend ages just looking at all the pictures on them - they fascinated me.

    I loved your roses too - I have some roses that are wooden that sit in a vase on my bay window in the living room - they once used to smell but I have had them so long they no longer do but I reckon a spray of some essential oil could work? Either way, they are lovely - permanent flowers in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm back for another look at the beautiful Friday flowers in their special silver vase, the sweet roses on their crocheted mat, gorgeous lanterns and drool-worthy cake. Went out for a spin down english country lanes this afternoon, but couldn't see the cottages for all the traffic! Took some photos though, so when I am able to upload, will post them on Flickr and crop the crap! Anonymouse

    ReplyDelete
  4. You home always looks so warm and inviting, I love it when you share treasures with us! Now that cake...Can't stop drooling. :)
    XO

    ReplyDelete