Sunday, October 30, 2011

oggm....


oh goodness gracious me

I have looked at every
ascot
 bandanna
boa
kerchief
 shawl
stole
scarf
warmer
wrapping
tie
bow and otherwise
and
piece of string
one can put around ones neck
!!!!!!!
I have not found anything
that has spoken to me
nothing
nada
zip
zero
zilch
nought 


but I did notice one thing
in my close to being in a stupor

there seem to be
an awful lot of
OWLS
out there
all sorts of little guys and gals




so,
so as not to have a whole day wasted
and without a little something to show
and I mean
little

do you see how little he is
1.5 inches
I present
hoo-t

:)

AND
he was made by the
double knitting method
which I suddenly remembered how to do
so it took literally a few minutes to whip him up
on dp needles
it took longer to choose the buttons for his eyes
do you know how to double knit
if you don't and you want to
tell me and I'll show you

isn't he sweet
cute
adorable
just a honey pie

?

we got no snow
we got rain and cold and wind
but no snow
they got snow north of us
and east and west of us
and today
is the most
beautiful day

hope you had the best one ever



xxx


5 comments:

  1. LOVE it!!! Never heard of double knitting before. Had to great straight off and find some more! Anonymessy

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... got so excited I couldn't spell!...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, there are owls everywhere... and I just love them! Maybe I'll make myself one, as it's my animal (aside from cats), a sort of a totem I chose for myself (I wonder how the cat and the owl would get along...)
    That is absolutely cuuuuuuuuute! And yes, please, pretty please, can you show us how to double knit?
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this cutie makes me smile !! thank you !
    i was wondering ... about the snow !
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's a hoot! He's too wit to wooooo!

    Lots of rain and wind here but because the wind is coming up from the Mediterranean it's warm. Now why didn't that happen in the summer?

    ReplyDelete