Tuesday, December 20, 2011

happy and sad


hello there....

see you can have the holly and the ivy
right there on the hutch
along with lots of candy!!!!
found this plate and had to have it
we sort of went shopping yesterday
but luckily the shelves were bare

seems the local economy is having  a good season
we don't really
"do"
Christmas anymore
no stress of buying everything you see
stuff just for stuffs sake
used to do it but then one year I found out that no one noticed all the things I didn't get done
and when I asked about it
they said they hadn't noticed
so I didn't anymore


for the first time in a long time
I have an amaryllis
blooming



I cheated and bought it in bud already!!!
hey
when you can....
do...
I say!!!!
unfortunately it isn't the
candy cane one from last year
that was really
sweet
but I didn't see any this year
well that's what you get for cheating I s'pose!!




I like it when Christmas things start mingling with everyday things

 
on his trip through the house the other day
the grandson found these in the drawers
and took them out and they got left where he put them


and I put two things from different people together
the card from one
the little jingle wreath from another
need to re-arrange and tidy up a bit
Mr hippo thinks so too
he's done scaring the little girl
'tis the season of goodwill after all!!!

now on to something that made me as happy as a
pig in
mud!!!
Last week
my favourite artist from the big woods

put up in her shop
some of the sweetest little things
I have ever seen
the very second they hit the shelves
they were swooped up by her many other fans and followers
and I missed my chance
but luckily she made a few more
so I pounced
and got...
..........................................
myself
 an
acorn
yes an acorn

 
but
 M.....
I hear you say
M...
you have your own acorns
out there in the yard
outside your window
beyond the roomontheleft
your own
'corns
out there among the leaves and other woodland debris
many of them
lots
tons maybe
in a good year
why would you be buying
acorns
 from the big woods
 up north
pray tell
I will tell
with a big goofy grin on my face
look what the
acorns
from
the
big
woods
up
north
come
with
................................



have you ever in your life seen anything soo adorable
sooo sweet
sooo imaginative
sooo pleasing to the eye
just soooooo
stinkin' cute
????????????????????????????????????
no, no you haven't
unless you visit with Lisa often and always
and see her works of wonder
this is my Christmas present this year
I wanted nothing else
seriously
and
 now 
 I have it
I'm happy

thank you Lisa


(the other things I want for Christmas and the rest of time
you can't make or buy
or even find in the woods
big or otherwise
so I chose this to make me happy for now)

:)


and now to the sad
my flickr friend Mary got  such sad news today
Mary lives in Italy
she makes these adorable little figures for people
along with other things
I showed you a while ago
I entered a giveaway on her blog
but this time I was not so lucky!

 
she sent me this lovely little photo as a consolation prize  and it came yesterday too
 when I wrote to say thank you to her today she told me
she has to leave to go to her mother's side
in Australia

Mary, know I'm thinking of you
take care and even though it's a sad time
take all that you can from it
best wishes
M
xxxx
;\

hope all is well with everyone
hope you are getting the weather you want
I know my Viking Princess is

******:) :) :) :) *******

Svana is out there in the snow with her camera
clicking each one as it falls
stay warm and dry all
see ya
.....................................

oh and while I have you
amazing thing the husband found today
it's days old...
but we live far out in the country you know,
 it takes the news a while to get to us!!!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :)



2 comments:

  1. That little acorn is the cutest thing ever. And those "waves" in the sky were pretty amazing. Reminds me of the sunset we saw in Sri Lanka on our last trip. Lots of clouds on the horizon as the sunset over the ocean -- I had never seen anything like it before. We are now officially on winter break. Woohoo! Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Just saw your previous post. I hate hate that blogger decided to upgrade and we have to follow along. I was quite content working in the old version and now that I've been forced to switch over, I can't figure out how to make anything work. When they first started talking about the change, they said it would be so much easier and loading photos would be breeze. None of the above! I can't even find my dashboard. How the heck do you get to it? Everytime I want to do something, I have to try and try again until I figure it out. It takes me much longer to post now because of all the changes. Phooey to it all! :)

    ReplyDelete