Monday, February 23, 2015

cabin fever...rewarded...and then

warning...
cabin fever has set in
 so not responsible for post content....
heard the weather report first thing this am and I knew the fever would come.
cabin fever
 if you have ever had it
you know how it feels
if you haven't...
well,
lucky you
:P
....................................................................................................

I decided to have a second cup of coffee
and as I was waiting 
the whole 90 secs one has to wait these days  (sigh)
I spied
the two white ducks on the ice blending in with the Canada Geese


they must be ours as they ignore each other so well
and then and


then I spied the swan...
he wouldn't move from behind the tree
 and it was hard to see him
and then
and then
he opened his wings and just took off
so fast and powerfully I couldn't keep up with him
but when I looked at the camera 
I saw this


click on the photo so it opens bigger and you'll see
where he ran along the top of the water and launched himself....
I was like a kid
can you see...
................................................
my reward
:D


and then
I noticed some never before seen ducks
sleeping in the water...
can you see them???
grayish/white blobs
headless....seemingly


and 
THEN


holy shniekies
bat man
 a friggin Bald Eagle landed
right there on the ice
 and just kinda
stood


and pretended he wasn't there


he checked his appearance.... 


and I freaked....
he's there to get food

ducks, to him, are food

I left at that point
I'm not watching nature takes its course...


so a little later I returned 
and all was calm


all was bright

'coz the swan came back and was surrounded by all the geese
happily together
harmony restored
...
but I felt like someone was watching me










I was right
Mr Robin was giving me the stink-eye from the chair
the feeder is very busy and he's waiting his turn
but in the mean time
stink-eye human time


these two might be the unknown ones in the lake...
she took off right after I clicked, which is why she's blurry



and back to the swan....
I am so unbelievably happy when I can see him
and seeing him mixed in with all the others makes me even happier
he isn't alone anymore
he's just one of the
home boys now
one of us
Saturn
.............................................................................
looks like it's nap time
so I'll leave them to that
and maybe take one of my own....
see ya
..............................................


2 comments:

  1. wow that lake of yours keeps you busy. so many great photos of so many birds. such a nice place to live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was wonderful!!! Mia S

    ReplyDelete